I need your candid advice on how to handle the various cases of infidelity against my wife. We have been married for 10 years with kids and I have never had any reason to doubt her until the following incidents began to unfold;
1. Sometimes in 2012, I took her to the market on a Sunday morning.
She left her phone inside the car while she went into the market. A message dropped and I picked her phone to check, what I saw was a joystick sent by one of her BBM contacts. I dropped the phone and pretended I didn’t see anything. When she came back, she checked the phone, saw the picture, deleted it and pretended nothing happened.
I waited for like 5hrs to be sure she wasn’t going to talk about it before bringing it up. She claimed it was sent in error & went ahead to call the guy to register her displeasure. I believed her & laid the matter to rest.
2. About 6months later, i was out of the country. She called about 6pm that she needed to drop some items for a client at City Mall, little did I know…
…she went to meet a man at Swe bar.
I got back some days later & noticed she was all over her phone chatting & smiling while I was talking to her. I took the phone from her to see whom she was chatting with. All the previous chats had been deleted & I continued chatting with the guy. I could not flow well bcus the guy was coding & suspected he wasn’t chatting with the right person.
I went through her phone for any prior message between them and I saw an SMS she sent to him at about 11:45pm the day she went to City Mall; “I just got home, please call if you can”! I did further findings before she confessed she went to meet with the guy at Swe bar and had to call to lie to me in case she runs into one of my friends.
She claimed the guy is an old friend & had issues in his marriage, so she turned a marriage counsellor overnight to go solve the issues.
3. While I was still with her phone, the guy that sent his joystick pinged & I started chatting with him. The guy went very romantic & I cautioned him not to put me in trouble like he did when he sent an unsolicited pix of his joystick.
The guy went “Ah Stella, but you asked me to send it na, have you forgotten? That you even sent me a pix of your laps taken in a dark room when I asked for yours”! I was speechless!. He went “and you said you told your hubby it was sent in error and he believed you”. I confronted my wife with all these and she still had some “stories” to tell.
4. We were at her Mum’s place two years ago and she got a call, she told the fellow to come see her there. Her ex came in some minutes later to the warm embrace of the mum. We greeted and he wasted no time to settle in and joined the discussion on ground. The last time I saw him was before we got married and she claimed they never dated.
The guy talked about his wife, how poor she is in home keeping, in the kitchen on bed etc. My wife cut in “and this lady is supposed to be enjoying Andy o, cos I remember Andy knows how to take care of a woman, each time he came visiting in the university days, he always came with bags full of goodies”. She even suggested seeing the woman to advise her and the guy said…
…”no you are not in the best position to do that, you know she is not too comfortable with you”. All these happened right in the presence of my mother in law and I kept my calm all through. We left there after the show of shame and I warned her to cut all communications with the guy.
5. Few weeks later, same guy came to our church to worship. After the service, wifey told me his kids would like to follow us home to meet our kids; I did not respond. Her mum and aunt was also in the church same Sunday and I drove them and my wife straight to my house. The guy drove behind. We got home, wifey went to the kitchen to cook, her mum and aunt settled in to a good gist with this guy in my own very living room.
I picked my keys and left the house for them. I returned late in the night when they had all left and you can guess what happened afterwards.
6. I was with her phone few weeks later and another ex bumped in. “My baby, how are you doing, I have missed you bla bla bla”. He requested they meet somewhere on the mainland two days later!.
After taking a second look at the unsaved number, I remembered the number had sent her an SMS; “can I call you now” about twice in the past. the second time I saw the SMS, I called the number with her phone but the guy refused to pick all thru the day!
7. Last Christmas that, she gave me her phone to check something on her whatsapp and a chat came in from a guy I have been monitoring his number for a while. The excerpt of the chat is below (I took over the chat from the line he asked for her pix)…
Please drop your comments below…. Thanks
Send Ur “Relationship Issues” to Gllobalguru@gmail.com